Daily Reading February 7 2010 from Colossians 1:24-29 NIV

Day 28

Colossians 1:14-29 NIV

24 Now I rejoice in what was suffered for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.25 I have become its servant by the commission God gave me to present to you the word of God in its fullness–26 the mystery that has been kept hidden for ages and generations, but is now disclosed to the saints. 27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. 28 We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. 29 To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.

Making known the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory!
This is the conclusion of the 1st chapter of the book of Colossians. Paul uses these few verses to clarify the purpose of the church and all believers, preaching Christ. He says that he has become a servant to the commission (great commission) of presenting God's Word in its fullness. God has given this mysterious message, a message that was kept secret prior to the coming of Jesus, to the church. We are all chosen to present the gospel. I mentioned this morning in church the necessity of sharing our testimonies. People don't need your 3 point sermons, they don't need a theologian they need a compassionate believer willing to share the hope of Christ. We should as Paul did become a slave to presenting the gospel, good news as often as we can. I encourage you as a believer to prepare your testimony and be ready to share at all times. In the grocery store, gas pump, over the phone, or wherever your may find yourself and feel the unction of the Holy Spirit. Paul concludes in verse 29 "to this end I labor, struggling with all His energy, which so powerfully works in me." His energy! Not my own but His energy. When we do things in our power and with our methods they don't produce but when we are led of the Lord and follow His direction we become fruitful believers. Invest your time and energy in the Kingdom it is only thing we ever do with eternal significance. Preach Jesus Christ and the hope of glory!


Blessings,

Pastor Larry

No comments: