Compassion Campaign


We have so much to be thankful for! Don't we? I know I do. This holiday season I have challenged my family and friends to approach the holidays with more than talk. I have provoked them to take action. Throughout God's Word we are told to take action. Our actions can bring blessing, they demonstrate our faith, and let the world know we are what we claim to be. This Thanksgiving and holiday season it would be easy to just sit back and talk about how good God has been, but what would that prove? My challenge is that we take action. Let's be a light this season. Let's show our Thanksgiving and Christmas spirit by making a difference. I'm not asking for anyone to take on new activities that keep you away from family, just be on the lookout for an opportunity to do good. Help someone at the store load their groceries. Give that stressed out Wal-Mart employee a tip or a God bless you. Give up your spot in line to a wearied shopper. Go to a neighbor or friend that you know will spend the holidays alone and invite them to eat Thanksgiving Dinner with your family.

If you do the research you will quickly find that more people take their own lives during the holidays than any other period of the year. Why? Because they are alone and don't know the Savior, Jesus Christ. How many lives can you impact this year? Why not find out. Be thankful by giving the grace and love God has given to you.Let others see the love of God by the example you live this season.

Matthew 25:34-40
34"Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' 37"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'


No comments: